The APRIL group is strongly committed to taking concrete action for a more responsible approach to health and greater solidarity in society through its corporate foundation: the APRIL foundation.
Until the beginning of 2013 the role of the APRIL Santé Equitable foundation, set up in 2008, was focussed on health, in line with APRIL's core business: health insurance.
Since 2nd October 2013, due to the current context of economic and social crisis, APRIL has decided to further its commitment as a responsible company and to expand its remit to cover three fundamental areas of health:
- the health system, by promoting alternative solutions to its over-use,
- people's healthcare habits, by instilling new healthcare reflexes,,
- employment and careers, by supporting the professional integration of vulnerable populations.
With the support of 17 companies within the APRIL group, the Foundation will therefore be working in aid of a different approach to healthcare. To remain in line with the group's founding entrepreneurial DNA, a target has been set: to make people entrepreneurs of their own lives. Its three key missions: simplifying and clarifying real life; offering the keys to be able to take action; supporting projects which contribute towards a fairer, more responsible world which are in line with its three new areas of work.
The APRIL Foundation's work is centred around three activities:
- Publishing the "Clearing up fact and fiction" collection which cuts through conventional wisdom about health issues. Three books have been published to date:
- LThe annual publication measuring fair healthcare, produced in association with BVA and the Association des Assurés d'APRIL (Association of APRIL Policy Holders) which surveys French people’s perception of the current health system. Take a look at the full study by clicking here.
- Supporting projects implemented by its partners in the field of healthcare, but also in its two new areas of work: professional integration and social inclusion. These projects are carried out in the field by charities or foundations with a great deal of experience working in these areas.
To find out more about the APRIL Foundation and its news
All the APRIL Foundation videos on Youtube
Follow the APRIL Foundation's news and activities live on Twitter