APRIL announces that it has closed its financing round with its new shareholders, led by the investment fund KKR. APRIL’s management team is also joining forces with four major French investors and opens up the capital to its employees to create a long-term minority group. This step opens a new phase for the group, which has great ambitions in all its markets in France and worldwide.
After a successful first phase of transformation with CVC, APRIL has set a new roadmap aiming to:
● Accelerate its development on the markets of loan insurance, health & personal protection, Property & Casualty niche markets, international health insurance and wealth management,/p>
● Amplify its digitalization for the benefit of its broker partners and policyholders,
● Improving the customer experience across all its activities,
● Accelerate its acquisition drive, in France and internationally.
To support this new stage of growth and give itself the means to become a global player, APRIL Group has teamed up with KKR, a leading international investment firm, which has mobilized its long-term fund with an investment horizon of 8/10 years.
Creation of a minority shareholder group combining management, APRIL employees and long-term investors
At the same time, the APRIL Executive has decided to create a long-term minority shareholder group to help perpetuate the success of a company that is celebrating its 35th anniversary this year:
– Having transformed the group over the past three years, APRIL Management has invested significantly in the company’s capital:
– Renowned investors, whose activity is to directly invest in entrepreneurial projects, came on board:
● Arkéa, a subsidiary of Crédit Mutuel Arkea, banking and financial services group, which has accompanied the APRIL Executive since 2019;
● Burrus Group, specialised in insurance brokerage, financial management and technology;
● Evolem, family office of APRIL founder, Bruno Rousset;
● Téthys Invest, investment holding of the Bettencourt Meyers family.
Lastly, APRIL is planning to open up its capital to all group employees, through a company investment fund that will be created in the next few months.
“We want to perpetuate APRIL’s success story and make it an independent company on a global level. To support these strong ambitions, we have chosen to partner with the international investment fund KKR, the Executive team, investors who are committed to supporting the company’s management on a long-term basis, and our employees, to whom we will offer the opportunity to invest in equity. We are delighted that Arkéa Group and the investment holdings of the Bettencourt Meyers, Burrus and Rousset families have decided to join us,” said Eric Maumy, President & CEO of the APRIL Group.
Key figures for APRIL in 2022
● Growth = +9% = +3 pts more than our year objectives set in 2020, +1 pt vs. 2021
● Turnover of €590 million
● Increase of nearly 20 NPS points in 3 years
● 18% of turnover recorded outside of France
● 400 recruitments in 2022 – 2,400 employees around the world today
About APRIL Group
APRIL is the leading wholesale broker in France with a network of 15,000 partner brokers. APRIL’s 2,400 staff members aim to offer their customers and partners – individuals, professionals and businesses – an outstanding experience combining the best of people and technology, in health and personal protection for individuals, professionals and VSEs, loan insurance, international health insurance (iPMI), property and casualty niche insurance and asset management. By 2023, APRIL aspires to become a digital, omnichannel and agile operator, a champion of customer experience and leader in its markets, while committing to the societal responsibility issues set forth in its Oxygen approach.
The APRIL Group operates in 18 countries and recorded a turnover of €590 million in 2022.
email@example.com / 0033 6 43 54 66 67
Monet+Associés agency for the APRIL group
Laureen Arnol & Lison Douvegheant
firstname.lastname@example.org / 0033 4 78 37 34 64